Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scents of Attraction- what's your pick?

Us human beings are so much more complicated than we probably realise half the time.  When it comes to attracting a mate our scent is so important.  (Hell- new born little ones can even tell the difference between their mothers and a stranger just through scent alone)  This scent we naturally give off is what we all know as pheromones.   These pheromones aid in the creation of attraction between two people.  But between me and you- we both know we don't just leave it to the scents in our sweat and saliva- among other not so appealing bodily fluids-to leave us smelling intoxicating. After all, a woman's perfume is a staple part of her wardrobe- just as important as the outfit itself.

Many of us stick to a true blue scent we never deviate from. Some like to change scents with the seasons, opting for lighter more floral or citrus scents in the summer and more musky woody scents in the colder months.  For me, as much as I love change when it comes to clothing- I can be a creature of habit when it comes to perfume.  I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to scents.  Vera Wang has always been my girl.  I live by wearing Princess.  However, lately I've been getting the urge to stir things up in the odour department.   And so I think I've severed the committed relationship I had with Vera and am now once again on the market for something new.



What's your favourite scent? Any ideas or recommendations for something I should try?

4 comments:

  1. oh la la i'll have to give it a sniff some time soon. i'm desperate for a new smell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black XS by Paco Rabanne! I lived with a bunch of guys for about a year, and every one of them admitted they loved the scent, and my friends always rob it when we're heading out, the body lotion is amazing too. We're all convinced it contains something along the lines of pheromones. I used to work as a fragrance consultant in BTs a few years ago and discovered it then. It's quite musky, with notes of patchouli and vanilla.

    When I fancy a lighter scent, on sunny days for example, I spritz on D&G The One.

    I'm also a huge fan of Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, which again is quite a strong, sweet fragrance but I've never actually purchased it...yet.

    For guys - Paco Rabanne One Million. Try to resist him ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well now- i'll def keep the paco one million in mind for my boyfriend. i'll def try the black xs- i love hints of vanilla. and during research i was doing one day, they apparently started using pheromones in the fragrance industry as well! so you just may be right. hell i just may have to give all those a sniff xoxo

    ReplyDelete